Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Black Lips Bandwagon

I hate to get on some kind of bandwagon, but The Black Lips were phenomenal last night. I went to The Casbah to see them and it was great! The energy in the sold out place was super high. Everyone seemed thrilled to be there. I love shows like that. When they came on, the place was seriously electric. As raucous as their sound and show is what I liked about them most is their guitars didn't have to blare to sound noisy and raw. Guitarists that crank their volume and have no control are the worst to me. The Black Lips sounded perfect. I've never heard their records, ha. Am I the last? I don't really give a care though. I will now. In fact, I think the best way to be turned on to a band is by seeing them live so fuck you holmes.

Second highlight of the night by the way was seeing a full grown adult man be man handled by the bouncer and thrown out. nothing, I repeat, NOTHING is funnier than seeing a dude that's drank too much be thrown around like a rag doll. This guy's arms were all tangled in the air and his feet were dragging behind him, as he begged to not be thrown out. The best. I wish more people would have too much to drink and be thrown out during the first song of a show they paid over ten dollars for.





No comments: