Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Mayfair Set


Photobucket




What's up with 2009? Sure, I was optimistic all thru Oct-Nov-Dec 2008, but I had no idea it would be this good. So as we cruise along this glorious year, let's welcome The Mayfair Set. Blank Dogs + Dum Dum Girls = The Mayfair Set. New York / Los Angeles magic. You can find their two new songs on their just as new Myspace thing. It's weird..both bands, which I adore, have such a distinctly different sound yet go so well together. Dark haunting vocals tempered with bright melodic bursts of vocal joy. Very very good. Look for their 7 inch to be released on Captured Tracks (another one of these glowing new offerings of 2009, wtf.) very soon.

So if I was a pro bloggerguy, I'd have a nice player so that you could listen here. But I'm not, so I have to whisk you off to Myspace. Ugh. Bye, link yrself away.


Listen To The Mayfair Set





1 comment: