Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fucking Faggot

The other day, on Sunday, Brandon and I went to a Padres game. My friend Tim has crazy nice season tickets and rewarded us as a "thank you" for a favor we did. Anyway, it was fun and pretty much flawless until I overheard some "A" hole talking about how tight our pants were. I turned around and saw the biggest got damn loser I'd seen in at least a day or two. The alcohol I drank at the game led me to flip around and get all confrontational. Kinda silly. All I said was "Are you talking to me, fucker?", which kinda shut him up, but whatever, it was dumb and maybe I should have been quiet. He would have probably poked me in the eye or the cops that were all around us would have probably thrown us all in the paddy wagon.

Well, later in the day, I remember my friend Wes was hanging the night before. He was visiting San Diego from his current home in Philadelphia. He gave me his brand new release, "Deathbeds" (Heartworm Press #11). When we got back to Brandon's house I opened my copy and read and read. It is great. It records his accounts of road trips, song lyrics and poems. Basically everything he's written/published from 1999-2007. Wes is a great modern writer and I really hope more people read his work. Well, during my reading I got to this poem and smiled. I love you Wes.

Girard Ave, 9/06

by Wesley Eisold

Skinny little kid in my face says
Fucking Faggot
Pants are too fucking tight

Why are you looking at my legs?


Deathbeds



hrtwrm #11
by Wesley Eisold
Deathbeds is a 176 page perfect-bound paper back collection of Eisold's work from 1999-2007. Art direction by Anthony Smyrski and photography by Melissa Farley. Limited to 1,000 copies. Heartworm #11.

www.theheartworm.com

No comments: