Friday, July 18, 2008

Heavy Metal Monk

Have you heard about Brother Metal? He's a 62 year old Capuchin monk who sings in a band. While his heart still belongs to Christ, he's given his balls to metal. Heavy Metal is, in my opinion, one of those stagnant scenes that just rehashes and dilutes things over and over and over. It's just a caricature of what it used to be now. Go to any rehearsal space in any city and I guarantee you EVERY single band you hear as you walk down the hall will have dumb double bass drum and a bass guitar tuned so low it just sounds like a fart. As I've always maintained, Little Richard screaming along to his piano will always sound tougher to me than four jocks with black long-johns on under their cargo shorts "destroying". I bet Brother Metal could totally beat me up, but he wouldn't cuz he's probably a pacifist.


Check it

No comments: